Summer is a time for lots of parties and that means we all need to remember our manners. Here is the quick and dirty on manners.
- Always, always, always RSVP. No if and or buts about it!
- The minute you sit down at the table put your napkin in your lap. If you need to leave the table, simple excuse yourself, put your napkin to the left of your plate and leave the table.
- The silverware. Start from the outside in. The small fork on the outside is for salad and work your way in from there. Place settings can get HUGE, so when in doubt just ask your server. It's OK I am sure EVERYONE at your table is wondering which utensil to use too!
- WAIT until everyone is seated at your table before you start eating!
- If you can't reach something on the table ask for it to be passed. DO NOT REACH OVER SOMEONE'S PLATE! DO NOT STAND UP TO GET WHAT YOU NEED!
- If you are invited to a party bring a small thank you gift, a flower, a candle, bottle of wine or a thank you card.
- Sometimes it's a great idea to send a thank you note for the party or make a phone call thanking the host for a party.
- Lastly, if you are going to show up late to a party be sure to let the host know!
There is a lot more to manners, but I think this a great start for the summer party season.