A few weeks back I told you all I was giving my kids a tray veggies to eat before dinner, around 4:00PM. My thought was if they are hungry they will eat whatever I feed them. Well . . . let me just tell you . . . today Murphy walked into the kitchen at 4:00PM and asked for her veggies. So around 4:00PM (even if we are going out) I cut up a bunch of veggies and lay them out on a tray for the kids. I have tried all sorts of things . . . garbanzo beans, seaweed, cabbage (they did not like it), carrots, celery, peppers, pickles, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, green peas (defrosted of course), etc. I just keep trying random stuff and they are pretty much eating it. Here's a little recap about why this is sooooooooo GREAT!
- My kids are eating a lot of veggies.
- They are hungry at 4:00PM so they will try just about anything.
- The veggies are NOT going to fill them up and spoil dinner.
- They stay out of my hair while I am cooking dinner. I let them eat the veggies outside, I let read books while they eat the veggies or color (I would never let them read or color during a regular meal).
- I'll say it again, my kids are eating a lot of veggies.
There are always a few veggies left over and I save those and throw them in our morning smoothie.