DO NOT WALK AROUND YOUR HOUSE EMPTY HANDED, THINK BEFORE YOU GO! Before you leave a room, quickly take a peak and see if there is anything that needs to get back to it's home. This is a spin-off of the one minute rule and it is a great trick to keep your house tidy. In the beginning it will be hard to remember to quickly scan a room before you leave, be patient keep reminding yourself. Eventually you will get the hang of it. Here are some examples . . .
- you are headed to the laundry room, is there anything (dish towel, socks, blanket, jacket, etc) that needs to be washed? . . . take them with you.
- you are near your stock pile of t.p., paper towels, ziplock baggies . . . do these items need to be restocked anywhere in your home? if so do it.
- you are headed outside for a run or walk, do any of your trash bins need to be emptied? if so do it.
- you are headed to your car, do you need to replace the tissue, chapstick, diaper stock pile etc in your car? do it now.
- you are headed to your garage, is there anything in your house that needs to be in the garage? if so grab it and take it there now.