The next time you are out to dinner with your kiddos have them order their meal. If your child can talk and pretty much say the food they want to order then they can order their own food. This is a great way to teach your kiddos to speak to adults, to ask for what they need and start polishing their public speaking skills. Here are a few tips . . .
- Read the menu to your kids (if they cannot read it for themselves) so they know what the choices are.
- Let your kids order whatever they want, they will be more inclined to place their order.
- Have them practice ordering their food with you first.
- When the server comes to your table have your children order first and assist them if they need it.
- Now pat yourself on the back, you are teaching your kiddo to take care of themselves!