Last night my husband and I got home late and it was awesome out! There was a nice crisp chill outside . . . winter is coming! I love the cold weather, I love getting all bundled up, wearing cozy sweaters, jackets, warm pj's, hot drinks, tons of blankets on my bed, etc, etc.
Along with winter comes a little work to get our home in order before the temperatures really drop. Here are a few things we will be doing around the house.
- Cover all the outdoor bibs with covers.
- Bring in outdoor furniture cushions or bring in outdoor furniture.
- Have sprinklers blown out (pipes cleared of any water) and turned off for the winter.
- Get gutters cleaned after the leaves have all fallen (in a few months).
- Check the roof for moss growth.
- Get the chimney cleaned.
- Get your furnace serviced, having it break in the winter is a bummer!
- Replace or clean furnace filters.
- Get your trees serviced! Heavy branches or dead trees can do A LOT of damage.
- Check for drafts in your doors or windows.
- Check your smoke detector alarms/batteries!
- Check your carbon monoxide detectors!
Let me know if you have any other great ideas for winterizing your home.