This is very simple and a prelude to next weeks, 'week of easy'! Easy tricks for around the house and easy recipes. So stay tuned! As for binder clips, they are great! We use them for a lot of things because they are so strong, they last AND they are cheap (a dozen medium clips will run you about $6)!
We use them for . . .
- Chip clips, to keep our chips and pretzels fresh
- Sealing up frozen food such as bags of veggies and fruit, they do not rust or get destroyed in the freezer
- We use them to seal up bags of snap peas or baby carrots in the fridge
- I use the mini size to keep all our medical insurance cards together in my wallet
- I also use the mini size to keep all our gift cards together in my wallet
- I use them to seal up our box of powdered OxyClean in the laundry room
- You could even use one as a wallet
- You can put a tiny nail in the wall and use a binder clip to store photos, coupons, tickets to an event, whatever
Binder Clips are awesome and more useful than just clipping paper together. Make yourself a note and pick up some binder clips, and let myself and other blog readers know what you are using them for.
P.S. I just wanted to give an update on the some of the recipes I tried out this past week from last Sunday's meal plan. http://kysakelleher.com/2013/09/01/meal-plan-3/
- Soba Noodles with Cilantro Sauce was AWESOME! Everyone ate it.
- Cucumber and Tofu Salad this was good, but not great. However, it was very healthy and if you have healthy taste buds you will probably like it. My kids liked the tofu and the cucumbers separately. I think it needed a 1/2 teaspoon more of salt and something extra for flavor possibly some chopped fresh mint.
- Zucchini Parmesan. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED! You do not need a 3 quart casserole dish for this, 2 quarts works fine.
- Emerald Rice. This was a fun recipe to cook. I cooked it instead with the chicken enchiladas and since it's spicy it went very well together. I did not serve it (but offered it to) my younger kids, because of the spice.
- Bulgur with Corn and Garbanzo Beans Salad. DO NOT MAKE THIS! I thought the toasted walnuts in it were great, but nothing else made sense.
- Chicken Enchiladas! These are AWESOME. I added 2 cups of chopped spinach to the filling. I was going to add grated zucchini too, but I ran out of time because these take 45 minutes in the oven.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE! Tomorrow I will post our meal plan for the week! And remember next week is the 'week of easy,' stay tuned.