So this week is a lot of fun cooking and a lot of recipes I have not tried before. I am excited to try them all. If you cook any of these let me know what you think! Have a great week everyone! And happy first day of school.
MONDAY: soba noodles with cilantro sauce, pot stickers (from costco) & cabbage salad TUESDAY: crock pot! simple bbq chicken and cucumber avocado tofu salad WEDNESDAY: the famous snack plate (date night) THURSDAY: zucchini parmesan & emerald rice FRIDAY: bulgur with corn, garbanzo beans and chicken and black bean enchiladas SATURDAY: brats, green salad and cheese slices SUNDAY: go out to dinner
Here are the recipes or links . . .
SOBA NOODLES WITH CILANTRO SAUCE
- FOR THE SAUCE
- mix the following ingredients in your food processor or blender and blend until smooth . . . 1/3 cup packed cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 small clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon size chunk of fresh ginger, 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar and 3 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- FOR THE SALAD
- 8 ounces soba noodles, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 cucumber seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a pan
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, sliced (I am only adding these to the adult servings)
- mix all ingredients and dressing in one bowl and serve
- you can be creative here and add any mixture of vegetables to this salad. The dressing is so yummy it will all taste good!
- 1 bag of shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions diced
- 2 carrots diced
- whisk the following ingredients together for sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- mix it all together and serve
- I buy them from Costco . . . heat and serve!
SIMPLE CROCK POT BBQ CHICKEN SERVED ON WHEAT DINNER ROLLS
CUCUMBER AVOCADO TOFU SALAD (all ingredients are in green)
- Whisk the following dressing together . . . 1/2 chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice (a little lime too if you want) and pinch of salt.
- 4 small cucumbers diced and placed in a large bowl.
- Add the above dressing to the diced cucumbers and let stand in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the cucumbers are marinating. Chop 14 ounces tofu, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and fry the tofu until lightly browned on each side. Let the tofu cool
- 1/4 pine nuts, lightly toasted in a pan
- Spoon the cucumbers from the marinate, add the cooled tofu, the pine nuts, and half the dressing. If you need more dressing add it. Dish up salad and top with chopped avocado.
- the famous snack plate! pull out everything healthy in your pantry and fridge. Pretend you are a caterer, chop it all up pretty, plate it up and serve.
- ideas . . . peanuts, chopped fruit, yogurt raisins, crackers with hummus, crackers with cheese, nuts, carrots, celery with cream cheese and raisins, rice cakes, cucumber slices, pickles
BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
There is a Sausage Fest http://stjoevanschool.org/sausagefest.htm in Vancouver, Washington next weekend. So I thought it would be fun after we do the Color Run http://thecolorrun.com/portland/ and after one of the kiddos soccer games to head up there and get some bratwursts for dinner. I hope they sell bratwursts at a sausage festival?! With our brats we are going to have a green salad and sliced cheese.
Mama's night off from cooking! We are going out to dinner. Have a great week everyone. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org any questions or comments. All the best!