Let's get ready for next week! This is going to be a fun week of easy, yummy meals. MONDAY: creamy herbed chicken (crock pot) & baked zucchini
TUESDAY: pesto pasta (we are going to a potluck and this is what I am bringing)
WEDNESDAY: snack plate
THURSDAY: israeli rice salad & french bread with sliced cheese
FRIDAY: veggie fried rice and sliced oranges
SATURDAY: slow roasted salmon, roasted potatoes and salad
SUNDAY: going out to eat
Here are the recipes or links.
Creamy Herbed Chicken (serves 6), freeze leftovers
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 envelope alfredo pasta mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon jarred pesto sauce (optional)
- 1 pound cooked pasta
- Place chicken in a crock pot.
- In a separate bowl combine soup, milk, pasta sauce mix, thyme, parsley, pesto.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- With forks tines break apart chicken in crock pot.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Baked Zucchini: Serves (4-6)
- 4 small zucchini cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together parm or nutritional yeast with garlic.
- Place zucchini cut side up on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon parm/nutritional yeast mixture onto the top of each zucchini.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown.
Pesto Pasta (serves 6-8)
I'm gonna do it really easy on this one folks. I am going to cook a pound of pasta and add jarred pesto sauce. Now there is a slight chance I run into tons of time and make homemade pesto sauce which I love. In that case here is my 'wing it' recipes.
Get out the Cuisinart. Throw in 4 cups of basil, 2 cups of spinach, 1 cup of parmesan, 1/2 cup of pine nuts, 2-3 cloves of garlic. Flip on the Cuisinart and drizzle in olive oil until you have the consistency you like.
The famous snack plate. Gather healthy stuff from your fridge and pantry, arrange it pretty on the plate and serve. No cooking required. Here are some great snack plate ingredients.
- sliced banana with peanut butter
- sliced cheese
- dried cereal
- sliced deli meat
- string cheese
- veggies with ranch to dip
- hummus with pita
ISRAELI RICE SALAD (serves 4-6)
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cucumbers diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 2/3 cup parsley diced
- 3 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cooked rice cooled (black rice is the best)
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Mix all other ingredients and add dressing. Serve with french bread and sliced cheese.
Veggie Fried Rice and sliced oranges (serves 4) NOTE: I am never able to find watercress (or I don't look very hard) so I just use spinach instead.
SATURDAY - serve with bagged salad and your favorite dressing. Add the rest of the veggies in your fridge to your salad. If you have any left over Israeli salad, throw that in your salad too!
SLOW ROASTED SALMON
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Heat oven to 450 and make sure there is room to use your lowest cooking rack.
- In a large bowl whisk olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
- Add the potatoes to the dressing.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil if you don't want to clean the pan after cooking. Lay the potatoes cut-side down on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, checking them after 20 minutes.
Have a great week everyone!