Just kidding! There are three more weeks of this bliss. Soak up these last three weeks in the sun and fun. At the same time take a little time here and there to plan your fall. Here are two checklists. The first checklist is for you and your friends or partner. The second checklist is for you and your kiddos. Get out your calendar and make sure to squeeze at least five of the following activities into your fall season. I know, thinking about summer being over is a drag. Don't have it be that way, plan yourself a GREAT fall!
- All the plays, traveling shows, comedy clubs, lecture series have their schedules out now. Do a little digging and buy yourself tickets to SOMETHING!
- Look at the museum exhibits in your surrounding community. Pick one you like or pick one you know a friend would like and treat them to a museum and a drink.
- Plan a dinner with friends. Quick think, who haven't you seen for ages? OK send them a text or email them right now and set it up!
- Go to a restaurant in town you have been meaning to try. Go on, put it on your calendar . . . you deserve it!
- It's that time of year when all the charity invitations start creeping into your mailbox. Just pick one and go. Trust me you will see someone you haven't seen for ages at the event. At the end of the night you will feel like a positive member of your community. To all my Portland, Oregon friends the Multiple Sclerosis Gala is approaching . . . PLEASE BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/orc/fundraising-events/a-night-in-the-park-gala/index.aspx
- Everyone has a park or hike near them they have been meaning to do. Now's the time, put it on the calendar. Remember you aren't making these awesome fall plans for me, they are for you. GO HAVE SOME FUN!
If you don't have kids STOP READING HERE. Or if you are interested in what mommies and daddies do at the end of August to get their kids ready for the school year read on. ALL PARENTS, READ ON! Here is a list of great things to get going on now so you don't have a crazier start to the school year than you are going to have anyway.
- Get your children's school supply list. Most kids love school supply shopping. So if you have the list, go have fun with your kids and get the supplies, backpack, lunch sack . . . whatever you need!
- Do you have your children's school calendar? If so, plug in the days off now! Maybe even plan a weekend trip on one of those holiday weekends.
- Are you ready to make lunches for the school year? I don't mean food supplies, but do you have lunch sacks, disposable or non-disposable sandwich bags, a drink container. Maybe you even sit down and make a lunch plan list. I haven't done this yet, but I think it's in my future. I have had 'kids lunch guilt' in the past, you know when you feel bad putting that same sandwich in their lunch for the sixth month in a row! I have been on a lunch hiatus for the past few years (the oldest makes his lunch), but I am back on that wagon this year. So I will definitely be posting on this topic in the future!
- Uniforms. Land's End uniforms are 30% off now until August 13th. Just order all the sizes you think you need. Have your child try them on and send back what you don't need. I saved $108 on uniforms yesterday at Land's End!
- School clothes. I think a lot of public schools have dress codes. Make sure your child's clothes meet those standards.
- After school activities. What do you have planned? Carpool? Do you have an activity bag for your child's activities. See blog posting for activity bag at http://kysakelleher.com/2013/08/05/bags-sports-yoga-swimming-gym-dance-wheres-my-stuff/.
Happy summer EVERYONE! And let's get excited for fall.